About Me

I am extremely blessed to be a stay at home mom. I've come to realize that it is up to me to make the right choices in the home. From teaching my kids values and education. To what I decide to put in their bodies and keeping a budget. It is my mission to make our home the safest and loving place it can be.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Saturday getting ready for the week

Saturday is usually my day to bake my breads for the week and figure out what I am planning for dinners etc.  I've just started to make dinners and freeze them for the future etc.  We are still trying to figure out a great bread recipe, one that my whole family will like.  I only want to use whole wheat flour, which is what we always ate, but it was always store bought and for some reason someone will find something wrong with the breads I have made so far.  If I have ever made with white or half and half they like it, but I don't want to do that.  Anyhow I've been glued to my computer reading and finding awesome blogs with recipes tips etc.  I have found one site www.newlifeonahomestead.com and found a recipe that has peaked my interest so I will be making it tomorrow.  What I would really hope for is some day to have my own grinder, right now its just not in the budget but soon I hope as the nutrients start disappearing form flour right when it has been ground.  Plus the taste is suppose to be way better.
Some other things I will be making are 2 lasagnas one for supper one for the freezer and a few dozen healthy cookies (besides the chocolate chips) they have no fat and no sugar in them and are delicious.  Ever since I saw on Dr. Oz show that peanut butter can have rats in it....and yes you heard me correctly.  Apparently it is not common that they may fall into the vats and get ground up in there.  Anyhow I make my own and its so easy etc. so I will be making that as well. 

Some future projects I will be making are...I will be making my own lotion bars, lotion, lip balms, hand soap and clothes soap.  All recipes that I have found on blogs.  I love the idea of knowing what will be in my products, plus saving money etc. 

I hope to come back and write that I have found the bread recipe that everyone in my family likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment