About Me

I am extremely blessed to be a stay at home mom. I've come to realize that it is up to me to make the right choices in the home. From teaching my kids values and education. To what I decide to put in their bodies and keeping a budget. It is my mission to make our home the safest and loving place it can be.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

One step at a time

There are so many changes that I want to make, I feel overwhelmed by it all.  I want to change the foods we eat, the products we use.  I want my home to run more smoothly and get into a routine that we can all follow.  Trying to make all these changes all at once is obviously not going to happen and would be too much all at once.  So one step at a time and eventually/hopefully I will get there. 
A few changes I have made with our diet is to almost completely cut our white flour, rice, sugar etc.   I bake our breads, cookies, etc.  I have just recently started to make our own yogurt.  I try to only use honey or agave syrup, with the exception of brown sugar for cinnamon buns.  I've introduced coconut oil, I've been learning and making soaked breads etc.   More natural foods, the way God wanted us to eat them.  Even though its pricier we buy organic/ free range meat and eggs and for the kids milk.  I'd love one day to have my own chickens and goats etc. I know who would of thought. 
I used to be an avid user of bleach, I bleached and lysoled everything.  Now my main cleanser is vinegar from the kitchen to the bathrooms.  I'd still like to find a better soap detergent for washing our clothes etc.
It hasn't always been easy just to make these few changes.  I've tried and tested many recipes until my family was able to find ones they liked.  Still trying to make them better.  Its a lot more work to try to make everything yourself and not just go to the store and buy it, but my family and I are worth it. 
I can't wait for spring, I look forward to getting our garden ready and can picture all the wonderful things we will grow in it and will be able to stock our freezer with for the summer. 

I will be posting some of my recipes in the future and would love to hear other peoples ideas on how they are getting back to basics with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment