About Me

I am extremely blessed to be a stay at home mom. I've come to realize that it is up to me to make the right choices in the home. From teaching my kids values and education. To what I decide to put in their bodies and keeping a budget. It is my mission to make our home the safest and loving place it can be.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Goals for 2011

I have MANY goals for this year.  I have been educating myself about 'real food' and am learning so much, especially from the blogs I've been following.  I'm beginning to think all the things that I thought were being healthy is not the case.  Take skim milk for instance, this is mainly what I drink and what I feed my family.  I've been reading some information that maybe its not the best for me.  I've read a lot about raw milk and if I knew where to get some and make sure its free from antibiotics etc. I'd give it a try.  However since it is a crime to buy or sell raw milk here, I think I may be out of luck. 

So a few of my goals for 2011:

1) Grow my own garden, harvest my own food form it
2) Learn to can my own veggies and fruits etc.
3) Buy a nutrimill and mill my own flour (This is more a money issue, don't have any!)
4) Make my own soaps...body, hand, detergents
5) Make my own lotions and lip chaps (Just need to find where I can get the beeswax)
6) Learn more about Kefir and try it.  First have to figure out how to get it.
7) Learn more about naturally fermented pro biotic foods.  There is currently a give away on www.kitchenstewardship.com  the give away is for a new multimedia cooking series offered at Nourished KitchenTake a look at both sites, they're wonderful!!

8) This is a big one for me...get away from splenda! Since it seems I'm always trying to lose weight I've    become a splenda addict.  I thought it was made from sugar and was a healthy alternative, even giving it to my kids at one point.  I've stopped giving it to them and now go for more natural sweeteners, honey and agave, but I still have it daily.  Need to stop!

Take a look at what your goals are...pick one and give it a try.

I want to eat real food and have many thanks to many people who blog information that I am loving.  I'm fairly new to blogging and am a bit computer illiterate so bare with me.  I have to figure out how to put up links and buttons for their sites. 

All the best to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment